Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday, May 7th

After sleeping in, leisurely getting ready and not packing our suitcases for the next stop, we left our flat in South Kensington. We headed for the Tower of London.

The sun was shining beautifully when we arrived, but clouds soon rolled over. Our tour guide, a Yeoman (pictured below), had to stop our tour because the clouds opened and began to sprinkle rain down on us.


We continued our tour on our own. Here's a glimpse of Tower Bridge from inside the walls of Tower of London.


Here's a view from our walk back to the Underground.



We left the Tower and a few Underground stops later, we were at St. Paul's Cathedral. We walked round the whole outside. You can see there was beautiful blue sky overhead.



We made a final visit to Harrod's before coming back to our flat. It was only about 6PM, but we were all done for the day. Dinner and a game of Head's Up finished our day. 

Now it's time to rest before another busy day seeing the London sights.

Speaking of which, I must say that I am not a city girl. When I think back to my trip to here 12 years ago, I remembered the historic places we visited. I didn't think about the crowded, busy streets filled with rude people (I'm sure that's not totally true, but it feels true). It's good perspective to be the tourist. Hopefully I'll be more understanding when I meet tourists in my area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!