Saturday, May 3, 2014

Friday, May 2nd

We ate our last breakfast on the Isle of Skye and headed back over the Highlands.


The views were amazing, breath-taking, awe inspiring. Even though the drive took us nearly five hours, it did not feel like it was that long.

We hit Edinburgh at Friday afternoon traffic. It was quite crazy, but Ellie was able to navigate her way through the city. Thanks to our navigation system. Seriously, how did people get around old cities before GPS?!

We finally made it to our oasis within Edinburgh. We stayed at the Prestonfield House.
www.prestonfield.com/experience-prestonfield-video.html 

It was so amazingly nice. I felt a little out of place. I'm not used to living that opulently. 

We were shown to our rooms and them a taxi was ordered to whisk us off to Edinburgh Castle. So amazing to be where so much history has taken place.

Again I forgot to take my iPad, so pictures will have to come later.

We returned to the Prestonfield House to get ready for dinner at Rhubarb, the restaurant on site.


We all decided to have the Chateaubriand. It was delicious. The Rhubarb brought a special dessert and my sisters gave me Waterford Crystal to celebrate. My aunt gave "Pride & Prejudice the game" to me before we left for the trip.

It was delightful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!