Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday, May 8th

There was rain in London today and so our plans had to change. 



We were to take the double decker bus tour, but opted to go to the Victoria & Albert Museum instead. 

We made our way through the Underground to Knightsbridge station and up to the museum.



Shortly after we got to the museum, I thought I would see if they had wifi. They do! I found a corner and called home hoping to catch everyone while they were getting ready for work and school.

I wasn't expecting the conversation I had.

I woke Todd up. He was sleeping in because he had been at the ER with the boys the night before. B was running a fever of 103. He's sick with possible pneumonia. The chest x-ray was inconclusive. Todd was planning on staying home with him and sending C to school. 

Here I am, thousands of miles away, and there is nothing I can do. Not that I can bring any healing if I was there, but I could cuddle, dote and take care.

I. have. no. control.

I can feel myself curling.



There I was in a public place and all I wanted to do was break down and cry. Todd had reassured me that everything was fine. Everything was being taken care of.

He's in good hands. He's in good hands.

I decided to step into a gallery. It was a gallery of religous art and carvings. There were carvings all over  of Jesus' resurrection. 

Jesus' death and resurrection.

Jesus conquered death, for B. Jesus tells the wind to stop and the storm calms. He is all powerful.

My choice is to worry or to trust. 

Haven't I been here before? Wasn't I in this place two weeks ago?

If I'm honest, don't I make this choice each day?

Even though I know I can trust, I still want to run to a computer and change my ticket so I can go home.

Three hours later we were still at the museum so I Skyped again. I was relieved to find out B was doing so much better. He's on a lot of medicine, but he's feeling much better.

It was good to hear that news....

After leaving the Victoria & Albert museum, we headed for Selfridges.


My aunt and I are fans of the PBS show about Selfridge (such a sad story). It was fun to see it in person.

We headed back to our flat for dinner, pinochle and some rest. 

I had a chance to Skype with the guys back home. B is doing pretty well. It was good to see all their faces. I'm still anxious to get home and see them, but I'm feeling less worried.

Tomorrow is our last day of touring.

Big Ben
Parliment
Westminster Abbey
Buckingham Palace
Trafalgar Square

It's going to be a busy day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!