Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday, April 26th

After a (very) long flight from Philidelphia to Dublin, we finally landed at about 9:45am.

I think I slept about 20 minutes on the flight. The rest of the group slept a little longer, but not much.

Customs...

Baggage...

Waiting...

Tired...

As we waited in lines, I couldn't help but wonder, worry, if the identity theft was going to be the shadow that hangs over my head the whole trip.

Was I supposed to not come?

That's usually the question I ask myself when things get hard.

Surely if things aren't going well, then I didn't hear God's clearly. 

"In this life you will have trouble, but I am with you."

Yes, yes. I am making the choice to trust. to submit.

I felt tired.

We made it through customs. All our bags came through.

Onto get our car. Our car.

Driving on the opposite side of the road, opposite side of the car, in Dublin, in the rain

I remind myself, we're getting the extra insurance....

As we approached the desk the car rental man was standing and smiling at us. He checked our insurance and started to send us on our way to the shuttle to get our car.

Then a pause. "Actally, I think I can help you here. We have a car. How about an upgrade at no extra cost?"

Um, okay. Yes pleases [photo to follow].

After many attempts and finally getting our luggage to fit, we were finally on our way. Ellie behind the wheel. Me with the map.

We were onto Trinity College to see the Book of Kells. It's Saturday. The line is out the building, down the sidewalk.

On moment it's raining, pouring, the next the sun is shining brightly. So beautiful.

Are we really here? Can think be real?

To be honest, I'm glad we saw the Book of Kells, but I think I was too tired ot truly enjoy them.

Back to the car. Get out the road map of Ireland. 

Well, I thought it was a road map....
We have no map. Trust.

After many turns, we are finally headed out of the city, new map in hand.

Next stop Killkenny Castle. I'm so tired.

I finally ask how badly people want to go to the castle.....

"Lets go to the B&B" we all decide.

Since we didn't really know how to get out of the city, we ended up on a small country road. So beautiful, but narrow. Ellie said she felt so much better when we finally made it to the highway.

We made out way all the way down too Tramore, along the Atlanic Ocean.

(that's car-the blue one)

We will finally get to sleep!

Tomorrow we're off to Waterford and Skibbereen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!