Friday, April 25, 2014

Furling & Unfurling

Furling...

I haven't even left for the trip and I've already allowed myself to be tripped up. 
Did you know when you travel internationally, your name on your ticket and your passport have to match-exactly?!

I have two middle names. 
Long story, but basically I didn't want my initials to be A-S-S. 

When I tried to check-in yesterday for our flight, there were notes all over about everything matching and so I thought I'd better call. After 20 minutes I found out that I'll have to check in at the airport and they can correct it there.

That should be it right? 
I was given a solution, wasn't I?

Then why were my finger tips still tingling?
Why did I have to keep taking deep breathes to calm myself?
Why do I feel like I need it fixed now?!


Unfurling...

I'm going to spend the next 15 days away from my family.

I've never been away from my boys for that long. 

This morning I readied them for school:

put on their backpacks

adjusted straps

good bye hugs and kisses.

Boy who willingly gives hugs held on a little longer, a little tighter.

Boy who is mostly unwilling to give hugs stood with his arms wide open.

As I sat in the window watching them make their way to the bus stop, I gave them up. I had to. I won't be here for the next 15 days. 

They'll be with their very capable dad,

but he's not me. 

He won't do things like I do.

I must let them go. I must let them go.

Lord, I trust them into your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!