Saturday, April 26, 2014

Identity

My identity was stolen.

I'm not kidding. Minutes before I was to leave for the airport I got a message that my identity was stolen. 

My finger tips start to tingle.

My face goes flush.

I feel helpless. I feel alone.

What do I do? Who can I trust?

Seriously? Is this happening? No, I'm supposed to be leaving for the trip of a life time, not putting alerts on my credit. 

What can I do? Where do I have control in this?

I don't have control in this.

"Attempting to Lose Control"

Deep breath

I don't have control. There is only so much I can do.

I may be realizing one of my biggest fears, but I'm not alone in this.

Funny that it's called "identity theft". I always imagined if this happened, I would feel like I was in a free fall, unstable and out of control. Here I am in the midst of it.

My aunt and I were in line at Starbucks at the airport and it hit me. 

I don't feel unstable. feel as though my feet are more firmly grounded. 

identity

No, my identity cannot be stolen.

You may steal my name. 

You may steal my credit information.

But I'm sorry. 

You cannot steal my identity.

I know who I am.

I know whose I am.

There are two choices before me.

I can worry or I can trust.

I choose to trust. Trust. Trust. Trust.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!